Masonry Preservation Training
· Concrete Ingredients - Cement, sand, gravel, water
· Tools - Trowels, edgers, floats (steel, sponge, rubber, bull)
· Procedures - Form, grade, mix, pour, tamp, screed, float, finish, edge
Students built a form, mixed, poured, floated and finished concrete.
· His life, inventions, work ethic and creativity
· Edison concrete was used to build the original Yankee Stadium.
Edison, whose success is credited to hard work and determination, said:
"The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work."
"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration."
"Great ideas originate in the muscles."